Welcome to the North Somerset Black & Minority Ethnic Network.
We are a Charity Organisation that has been running for more than thirteen years. Although we are based in Weston-super-Mare we cover, support and promote BME Communities in all North Somerset. Through these years we have had the opportunity to develop projects with different statutory and non-statutory organisations such as North Somerset Council, NHS, Citizens Advice North Somerset, VANS, and Bristol Law Centre to support and give a voice to the BME Community.
Here are some of our main aims:
- Promote social, education and economic inclusion
- Promote equality of opportunity
- Promote good race relations between people of different racial groups
- Commitment to equality
- Promote integration & cohesion
- Disseminate information
- Signpost and refer BME people to essential services
- Combat isolation
- Celebrate and share different cultures